Sunday, July 18, 2010

totally floored

It's been a busy week in vardo land... last weekend we started constructing the base using two sheets of 3/4" plywood for the floor and 1" x 12"s for the sides.

A standard sheet of plywood is 4'x8'. If we had been following the original plans we'd have only needed the one, but since my trailer is 5'x10 we
had to piece two together. Which meant we'd have to use...

I'm rather fond of biscuits and of getting to use the biscuit joiner.

We added a 1'x8' piece to the side and then topped that with a 2'x'5 to get the size we needed.

A close up of the juction...

Then we put the sides together and glued and screwed those puppies on!
Voila! It's a base!

No comments:

Post a Comment